In the event of an incident at Point Beach Nuclear Plant, you may be asked to evacuate the area until the hazard no longer poses a risk.
- Remain calm. Panic is your greatest enemy.
- Listen closely to a local EAS radio station for instruction.
- If you can do so quickly and safely, close all windows, doors & vents. Turn off fans, air conditioners or other building systems that draw outside air.
- Prepare your home as though you were leaving on vacation.
- Pack necessities for one week.
Take house pets with you if possible. You will be responsible for caring for your pets. However, they will NOT be allowed to stay in public shelters.
Leave your home when advised to do so. Keep car windows and vents closed.
Law enforcement will patrol and secure evacuated areas.
Evacuation Routes & Other Information
Kewaunee County's Reception Center is located at:
Luxemburg-Casco Intermediate School, 318 N. Main Street, Luxemburg, WI
If you are in:
City of Kewaunee or Township of Pierce
Take STH 42 north to STH 54. Take STH 54 west to Heritage Road, west to Main Street, south to Marcks Lane, Luxemburg
Townships of Montpelier and Franklin
Take CTH AB north to STH 54. Cross STH 54, stay on CTH AB north to Marcks Lane, Luxemburg
Townships of West Kewaunee and Carlton
Take STH 42 north to STH 54. Take STH 54 west to Heritage Road, west to Main Street, south to Marcks Lane, Luxemburg; or take CTH B north to CTH C. Take CTH C north to STH 54, west to Heritage Road, west to Main Street, south to Marcks Lane, Luxemburg.
Note: In some cases, you may be asked to shelter in your home ("shelter-in-place").