|Outdoor Warning Sirens|
Outdoor Siren testing in Kewaunee County is done the first Wednesday of each month at approximately 11:45 a.m.
- The sirens will sound for about one minute.
- Learn the warning signals used:
- Public outdoor siren systems have steady siren tones that last three to five minutes.
- This warning is also used for tornadoes, chemicals spills or other emergencies
What to do When Sirens Sound:
- Go indoors
- Tune to a local media or Emergency Alerting System (EAS) radio station for instructions as to what you should do.
- WLKN 98.1 FM
- WCUB 980 AM
- WLTU 92.1 FM
- WOMT 1240 AM
- WQTC 102.3 FM
- WGBW 1590 AM
- WDOR 910 AM & 93.9 FM
- WAUN 92.7 FM
- WBDK 96.7 FM
- WQDC 97.7 FM
- WRKU 102.1 FM
- WRLU 104.1 FM
- Call only if you need help!
- Avoid unnecessary phone use during an emergency. An overloaded system may delay important communications
- If you DO need help, please call
Manitowoc County Sheriff - (920) 683-4200 - Non-Emergency
EMERGENCY - DIAL 911
Where Should I Go?
- If an emergency occurs and evacuation is required, you will be directed to your county's Reception Center
- Evacuation routes will be announced via local EAS radio stations (listed above)
- Move quickly, do not rush or panic.
- If you have room in your vehicle, take neighbors or friends who need a ride.
- Law enforcement will have patrols to ensure that your property is safe. Only those authorized will be allowed into the evacuated areas.