Emergency vehicles, such as police cars, will sound their sirens while moving at slow speeds. Wireless Emergency Alerts will go out to cellphones. Mass Emergency Notification System will send out phone messages.
What to do When You Receive a Warning Message:
- Go indoors
- Tune to a local media or Emergency Alerting System (EAS) radio station for instructions as to what you should do.
- WLKN 98.1 FM
- WCUB 980 AM
- WLTU 92.1 FM
- WOMT 1240 AM
- WQTC 102.3 FM
- WGBW 1590 AM
- WDOR 910 AM & 93.9 FM
- WAUN 92.7 FM
- WBDK 96.7 FM
- WQDC 97.7 FM
- WRKU 102.1 FM
- WRLU 104.1 FM
- Call only if you need help!
- Avoid unnecessary phone use during an emergency. An overloaded system may delay important communications
- If you DO need help, please call
Manitowoc County Sheriff - (920) 683-4200 - Non-Emergency
EMERGENCY - DIAL 911
Where Should I Go?
- If an emergency occurs and evacuation is required, you will be directed to your county's Reception Center
- Evacuation routes will be announced via local EAS radio stations (listed above)
- Move quickly, do not rush or panic.
- If you have room in your vehicle, take neighbors or friends who need a ride.
- Law enforcement will have patrols to ensure that your property is safe. Only those authorized will be allowed into the evacuated areas.