Find out how to apply for and manage the Veterans disability benefits you've earned.
What You Need to Bring or We Can Help You Gather for Your Claim:
- All private medical records related to the claimed condition, like reports from your own doctor or X-rays or other test results from a non-VA hospital or other treatment center.
- Any records of medical treatment you’ve received for the claimed condition while serving in the military.
- Any military personnel records you have that relate to the claimed condition.
- Information about any related health records that you don’t have but that we can request on your behalf from a federal facility like a VA medical center or clinic.
- If you think your service records don’t include a description of your disability, you can also submit letters from family members, friends, clergy members, law enforcement personnel, or those you served with that can tell us more about your claimed condition and how and when it happened.