Small FontMedium FontLarge Font
Kewaunee County Wisconsin
Wisconsin offers numerous benefits to our Veterans and families here are a few of the most common. For a full listing visit, Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs, Click Here.

Also, register at MYWISVET to upload your DD214 and it automatically populates you eligabilty.

1) Veterans Driver License Identifier is having a "Veteran" label identifier placed on your driver's license or state ID.

To be eligible you must have:
  • Separated from service under honorable or general (under honorable) conditions.
  • At least one qualifying period of active duty service (not including active duty for training purposes).
  • Served at least two continuous years during peacetime, 90 days during wartime, or been discharged due to a service-connected disability, reasons of hardship, or a reduction in forces.
  • Full-time National Guard/Reserve duty does not qualify as “active duty” under federal law.
  • Active service for non-training purposes performed by National Guard/Reserve members under Title 10 of the U.S. Code may qualify as “active duty.” 
2) WI G.I. Bill remits full tuition and segregated fees for eligible veterans and their dependents up to eight semesters or 128 credits at any University of Wisconsin or Wisconsin Technical College System school. To be eligible, the veteran must have entered active service as a Wisconsin resident or have resided in Wisconsin for at least five consecutive years preceding application. A spouse/dependent may be eligible if the veteran meets the requirements above and has been awarded at least 30% USDVA service connected disability rating or has died in the line of duty or as a result of a service connected disability. 

3) Veterans Education Grant provides reimbursement of tuition to eligible veterans who have not yet been awarded a bachelor’s degree following successful course completion at an eligible UW, technical college, or approved private institution of higher learning, where reimbursement is determined by length of active duty service. Applications must be received no later than 60 days after the start of the course, term or semester for which reimbursement is being sought or the grant will be denied.

4)​ DNR - License Voucher provides for a free hunting or fishing license to eligible veterans who have separated from service within the last 365 days. To be eligible, a veteran must have served during a war period on or after September 11, 2001 and received an honorable or general (under honorable conditions) discharge from active duty, the reserves, or the national guard. 

5) ​Property Tax Credit provides eligible veterans and un-remarried surviving spouses a refundable property tax credit for their primary residence up to one acre of land. To be eligible:
  •  A veteran must have entered service as a Wisconsin resident or
  • Has resided in Wisconsin for at least five consecutive years
  • As well as having a USDVA scheduler disability rating of 100% or 100% rating based on individual unemployability. 
An un-remarried surviving spouse of an eligible veteran receiving 100% compensation at the time of death or who, following the veteran’s death, began and continues to receive Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) from the USDVA may also be eligible.