Tourism Coordinator, Kewaunee County
Office: (920) 388-0567
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 30, 2022
Kewaunee County Visitors Fuel Double-Digit Tourism Growth
KEWAUNEE COUNTY, WI – With the summer travel season underway, Kewaunee County is pleased to share its best ‘Tourism Impact’ numbers in recent years, which have been released by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism in their annual report.
Direct Visitor Spending, Total Business Sales, Employment, Total Labor Income as well as State and Local Taxes earned in 2021 have all seen significant growth in Kewaunee County since 2020, according to research conducted by Tourism Economics.
- Direct Visitor Spending: Increased 25.8% to $27.7 Million up from $22 Million
- Total Business Sales: Increased 16.3% to $43 Million up from $37 Million
- Employment: Increased 11.7% to 375 Tourism Jobs up from 336 Tourism Jobs
- Total Labor Income: Increased 8.8% to $6.7 Million up from $6.2 Million
- State and Local Taxes: Increased 17.8% to $2.9 Million up from $2.5 Million
To see the full ‘Tourism Impact’ report released by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism from Tourism Economics, CLICK HERE.
And, for more information on places to EXPLORE, STAY, DINE & SHOP in Kewaunee County as well as EVENTS, go to www.visitkewauneecounty.com.
Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce: https://visitalgomawi.com/
Kewaunee Area Chamber of Commerce: https://www.kewaunee.org/
Luxemburg Area Chamber of Commerce: https://www.luxemburgchamber.com/
Kewaunee County Economic Development Corporation: http://kcedc.org/