Join Kewaunee County Sheriff Matt Joski on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at the Kewaunee County Administration Center, 810 Lincoln Street, Kewaunee, in the County Board Room from 11AM-NOON for a FREE training session on how you can make a difference and help save a life.
What is QPR Suicide Prevention Training?
Sheriff Matt Joski will present an interactive training on QPR skills:
- Question … a person about suicide,
- Persuade … someone to get help, and
- Refer … someone to the appropriate resource.You will learn to recognize the warning signs, clues, and suicidal communications of people in trouble, and gain skills to act vigorously to prevent a possible tragedy.
- Everyone (Adults)
- Suicide is a leading cause of death in America.
- Much like CPR first aid, QPR may save a life.
Just like CPR, QPR is an emergency response to someone in crisis and can save lives.
QPR is for Question, Persuade and Refer.
KEY POINTS COVERED IN TRAINING:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
Sheriff Joski has trained hundreds of people in suicide prevention and he shares the realities of first-hand experiences while pointing the way to resilience and recovery.
Join us to help reach our goal of training 300 Kewaunee County residents.
Questions? Contact Extension Kewaunee County Educator Renee Koenig at (920) 388-7137 or email@example.com.
QPR. For Suicide Prevention Flyer