Join Kewaunee County Sheriff Matt Joski on Monday, December 20, 2021 at the Kewaunee County Human Services Training Room, 810 Lincoln Street, Kewaunee (Lower Level) from 6:30PM-7:30PM for a FREE training session on how you can make a difference and help save a life.
What is QPR Suicide Prevention Training?
Sheriff Matt Joski will present an interactive training on QPR skills:
- Question … a person about suicide,
- Persuade … someone to get help, and
- Refer … someone to the appropriate resource.You will learn to recognize the warning signs, clues, and suicidal communications of people in trouble, and gain skills to act vigorously to prevent a possible tragedy.
- Everyone (Adults)
- Suicide is a leading cause of death in America.
- Much like CPR first aid, QPR may save a life.
Just like CPR, QPR is an emergency response to someone in crisis and can save lives.
QPR is for Question, Persuade and Refer.
KEY POINTS COVERED IN TRAINING:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
Sheriff Joski has trained hundreds of people in suicide prevention and he shares the realities of first-hand experiences while pointing the way to resilience and recovery.
Join us to help reach our goal of training 300 Kewaunee County residents.
RSVP & Questions? Contact Extension Kewaunee County Educator Renee Koenig at (920) 388-7137 or email@example.com.
QPR. For Suicide Prevention Flyer